NEW LLANO, Vernon Parish, LUISIANA, U.S.A. 1917 – 1936
The New Llano Cooperative Colony was founded in 1917 by Job Harriman. It was located two miles south of Leesville on 20,000 acres of cut-over land. The people of the colony were self-sufficient, farming the land and operating various manufacturing and specialty businesses. They had their own school, infirmary, hospital, and recreational facilities. The colony was closed in 1937.